Finding the right solar companies in Tucson, AZ can be quite a hassle. And there are many factors as to what makes a solar company great.
Unfortunately, many Tucson solar companies are relatively new. They haven’t put in the time to establish themselves as a brand or as a company in general. They certainly haven’t experienced the many challenges that are bound to happen as the company matures.
Of course, this isn’t unique to local solar companies.
It’s a business reality.
You might be asking, which solar providers near me have the brains and long-term experience to get the job done, but get it done right?
Fortunately, there are a few solar installers in Tucson that have just that. And here they are:
Top 3 Tucson, AZ Solar Companies:
1. SunTap Power
With the most competitive prices in the Tucson market, SunTap Power has both the experience and brains necessary to be there for the long term when compared to their competitors, making SunTap Power a top choice when finding a solar installer in Arizona. With a decade of experience and over 10,000+ installs complete, it’s no wonder why they have become the #1 choice for installing solar energy systems in Tucson.
2. Titan Solar Power
Phoenix has become a hot spot for solar and Titan Solar Power has stepped up to the plate to serve the market as a leader in the industry. And although they are multistate, they are still very much a local solar company in Tucson. They have many partnerships and have recently joined forces with SunTap Power on both residential and commercial installations.
SunPower has been leading in manufacturing in the solar industry for over a decade. They are Headquartered in Silicon Valley and they have received more than 1,000 patents for solar innovation. Although their panel prices are considered costly, they are still ranked in the top 3 Tucson local solar companies due to their technical know-how and long-term experience even though they are not necessarily considered “local.”
Choosing The Best Solar Company In Tucson, AZ
Arizona has over 500,000 homes powered by solar, making it one of the most popular states for solar energy. That should come as no surprise considering Arizona receives a great deal of sun exposure over the course of the year.
With all that sunshine, it makes sense that there would be an influx of solar companies taking a shot at building a solar business in Arizona.
But from a consumer’s point of view, it can get a bit crowded when you are beginning the journey away from fossil fuels to a sustainable energy source. This is why it’s important to take the time to find the right Tucson solar companies – those that won’t close their doors when the market becomes saturated, but will be there for decades to come.
💡 By choosing to go solar today, they have saved themselves in excess $124,000 over the next 20 years because they would’ve spent over $176,000 in electricity costs.
How Do I Find A Reputable Solar Company In Tucson, AZ?
Here are the main things you want to look for when finding the right solar company:
- Solar loan options. Many companies offer financing options to install solar panels, but you want to make sure that they offer favorable interest rates from 0.99% to 2.99%. Be wary of anything higher than that. Most solar financing offers will likely be $0 down, making the transition to solar easy to begin.
- Solar cash discounts. If any solar companies in Tucson aren’t offering cash discounts, walk away. Top solar companies in Tucson will offer great deals for those willing to pay cash. They will also make it easier for you by splitting up the payments while the project is being built.
- Length of warranties. This is probably the most important one of them all. How long are the panels under warranty? Do they offer service and labor warranties? How long is the roof penetration warranty? If any of those warranties are under 25 years, you are taking more risk of spending more money in the long term. Some companies, such as SunTap Power, are offering 25-year warranties across the board.
- Quality Products. This is a must. Look for panels with at least 340 watts to 400 watts per panel. An energy expert can help you determine how many solar panels you will need. Stay away from Asian-made products if you can. German & American-made products are your best bet for product efficiency and great quality control from the manufacturer.
- Number of installs. It’s best to hire a solar company that has installed at least 5,000 solar panel systems in Tucson. You need a company with workmanship experience backed by warranties when things go wrong, because, let’s be real, things can always go wrong.
- Years in business. I highly recommend staying away from companies with less than 3 years of being in business. Those companies haven’t fully matured and they are still working out the kinks. Sure, some may be able to offer cheaper panels, due to lack of overhead, but that will ALWAYS come at a price.
- Customer-focused culture. A good way to determine if the culture is customer-focused is by their response rate. How fast do they get back to you? Do they go out of their way to make you happy? Example: SunTap Power was known for helping the elderly during the pandemic by running errands and getting their groceries. Or Titan Solar Power is known for community service and charity events, which is unique compared to most local solar companies.
Local Tucson Solar Companies Vs. Nonlocal
If you are a Tucsonian who enjoys supporting the community, you truly have incredible options for finding local Tucson solar companies. The only disadvantage is that they may not have as many resources as compared to a conglomerate. However, it still may be the best option compared to a nonlocal competitor due to corporate culture.
A major disadvantage of corporate outsiders is reliability and communication. Especially if they are a massive company. In short, they care less about the small projects as they are involved in enormous projects that can require many of their resources and time.
Additionally, they lack the one-on-one intimacy that only a local solar installer can provide. Therefore, it’s best to choose solar companies in Tucson that have your interest in mind and who will be there for you 24/7.
Best Solar Companies In Tucson, AZ
There is no better state for solar than Arizona. The sunshine is reliable and the roof space is begging for an upgrade.
I’ve talked about the importance of experienced installers and what options you should be considering when looking for the best solar companies in Tucson, AZ. I’ve also touched on the benefits and disadvantages of going with local solar companies.
I strongly believe in the power of experience and culture when considering working with Tucson solar companies. And though the cost is always a factor, those aforementioned qualities will always carry the most weight.
Besides, having a long-term customer relationship is priceless.
Get An Accurate & Free Solar Estimate
This is a big purchase, so you want to make sure it’s the right one. Take a moment to fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch to provide you a free quote on everything involved in getting you a solar system that is perfect for you.
Take this 60-second survey to get your free quote. 👇
🔒 Your info is safe with us. We will never sell it or rent it out to anyone.